Sometimes you may need to power off your phone, maybe for a meeting or maybe to save battery and then you obviously want it to be back power on. But you cannot do this religiously every time you go to a meeting or you go sleeping, also sometimes you may even forget to switch it on after turning it off. In order to address the issue, some companies these days provide with auto power on/off feature in their phones. But what about other phones? Well, don’t worry, today I’m gonna talk about ways to schedule auto power on/off on Android.
Ways to Schedule Auto Power On/Off on Android
If your phone doesn’t have this feature in-built, you can go for a third-party app. Here, I’m discussing both the ways- the in-built feature and the third-party apps. Read on!
1. Use In-built Feature
Auto power on/off can be done in most of the devices by heading to the settings and look for the feature. The feature is available on many phones with custom skin including OPPO, Vivo, and Xiaomi. Follow the steps which are similar for all:
1. Go to Settings on your phone.
2. Search for Scheduled power on & off or Auto power on/off here. On My OPPO phone, the feature is available under Additional Settings and Automatic On/Off.
3. Tap on the feature and on the next page set power-on time and power-off time.
4. You can also select the days to repeat this action.
5. Once youre done with all these options, tap on the Done button to enable the feature.
That’s it. Your phone will now be switched off at a particular time and it will be back on automatically. The same steps you can follow on other phones which have this feature.
2. Set Auto Power On/Off in Android Nougat Phones
Android Nougat smartphones also came with this feature in-built. Here’s how to set auto power on/off in Android Nougat smartphones.
Go to Settings and choose Advanced and tap on Scheduled Power On/Off and enable the toggle for Power on as well as Power off, set a time to schedule power on/off. That’s it.
3. Set Auto Power On/Off Using Third-party App
There are several apps on Play Store that will let you do that for free, but some of these apps require a rooted phone. So, here we are using the Power Schedule app, which is available for free, requires no root, and even works on older Android versions.
1. After you download and install the app, open it and give it the necessary access.
2. After that, select “Add event” and enter your event’s details such as the time when you want your phone to turn off.
3. Similarly add an event to turn it off. You can also select the days if you need to repeat this action. Tap on “Done”.
4. That’s it! Your phone will now power off at the scheduled time and then it will be automatically back on too.
Moreover, the app lets you schedule specific features such as turn on/off WiFi at a fixed time or Bluetooth, or any other such app.
These were some ways to schedule auto power on/off on your Android. Now, you can even schedule SMS text messages on your Android. Does your phone have any such features or do you have any apps to use such features? Tell us in the comments!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Some Other Useful Tips and Tricks For You